May 11, 2017 by bhumi
Mexican food has started to become everyone’s favorite these days , so is crispy nachos chips .They are served as snack and have quite different texture from that of other chips, perhaps due to the combination of maize flour and plain flour. They’ve taken many forms ― from your classic, neon-orange cheese-topped ballpark nachos to fully loaded veggie nachos.
Well, today i tried these crispy nachos chips with a sprinkling of carom seeds and oregano these imparts enough aroma and flavor for most purposes . You can eat them with cheese dip , salsa sauce or any of your favorite dip .
Cooking time : 20 mins
Serving : 2-3
Preparation time : 20 mins
- Maize flour(makai ka atta) – 3/4 cup
- Refined flour – 5 tbsp + for dusting
- Oil – 2tbsp + 3 cups for deep frying
- Carom seeds (ajwain) – 1/4 tsp
- Dried oregano – 1/2 tsp
- Water – 1/2 cup or as required
- salt to taste
- Combine maize flour, refined flour, oil,carom seeds, oregano & salt in a deep bowl, mix well and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 3 equal portions.
- Roll a portion into thin disc. To shape into perfect circular disc, use jar lid & make impression (roughly 10″ diameter circle). Now using knife, cut off the excess dough & prick evenly with a fork.
Cut into 16 equal triangles and keep aside.
Heat the oil in non-stick pan. Lift the pieces & drop them into oil carefully.
Deep-frying a few chips at a time, on a medium flame till they turn crisp and golden brown in colour from both the sides. Remove from oil & place on absorbent paper to soak extra oil.
Repeat steps 5 to 6 to make 32 more chips in two more batches.
Cool and store in an air-tight container. Use as required.
Notes: You can add whole wheat flour instead of refined to add a little nutrient value to it.
Hope you guys enjoyed this recipe. Do share your views, I would love to hear from you all.