March 16, 2017 by bhumi
Hello Friends…how are you all..
How was your Holi!!(Indian festival of colors)…well for me it was more of a family affair with lotsss of food, sweets & festivity around…So after all that carbs & fats, I really want something which is less oily & healthy. So I decided upon green leafy veggie Spinach.
Spinach is low in fat & is nutritional powerhouse. It has almost everything that our body needs. It is very versatile veggie & can be used in salads, soups, curries, sandwiches etc. Today’s recipe is one such versatile dish which can be eaten as side dish or with bread or can be spead over toast. I like to eat it with cheese & grilled multigrain bread toast. If your are calories cautious, you can skip adding cheese to it.
COOKING TIME : 20 min
SERVING : 3-4
PREPARATION TIME : 20 min
- Spinach – 2 cup
- Sweet corn – 1 cup
- Onion – 1 medium sized (Chopped)
- Tomato – 1 medium sized (Chopped)
- Capsicum – 1 medium sized(Chopped)
- Cottage cheese – 100 grams
- Grated Cheese – 1/2 cup
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Black pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – as required
- Blanch the spinach by bringing a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Put the spinach leaves in the boiling water and allow them to boil for 30 seconds to 1 minute until you see a bright green color. Using strainer remove excess water.
- Heat oil in a frying pan . Add onion and saute them for few minutes.
- Add capsicum, tomato, sweet corn, black pepper and salt in it. Saute for 2-3 minutes on high flame.
- Add blanched spinach & crumbled cottage cheese to it. Let it cook for 2-3 minute.
- Switch off the flame.
- Preheat oven at 180˚C for 10 min.
- Transfer these veggies to a baking pan. Add grated cheese over it and bake it for 10 minutes at 180˚C or until the cheese melt. Different oven has different temperature settings, so work according to your oven.
- Once the cheese melted, take out from oven and serve hot with grilled toast.
Hope you guys have enjoyed this recipe. Do share your views, I would love to hear from you all.