March 11, 2016 by bhumi
Hi guys!!! How are you all..
Today I am going to share my chocolate grape recipe. This recipe is very simple & not much cooking skills is required so basically you can say that it’s a beginner recipe. This cake has some special place in my life, it was my first gift to my boyfriend on his birthday (now he is my Mr husband :)). But still whenever I make this cake it reminds me of my old good days of dating (blush blush).
I made this cake with mix of whole wheat & all purpose flour to make it slightly healthy. The best thing about home baked cakes is you can play with sugar & butter quantities to suit your requirement. I usually do not prefer much icing on my cakes. If for gifting purpose then definitely yes, but for home use I like to have this cake without icing & with a layer of hot chocolate on the top.
Baking time :20-25 min
Serving : 4
Preparation time : 15 min
- Whole wheat flour – 1/2 cup
- All purpose flour – 1/2 cup
- Cocoa powder (unsweetened) – 3 teaspoon
- Milk – 1/4 cup
- Curd – 2 teaspoon
- Coffee powder – 1 teaspoon
- Baking powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Baking soda – 1/2 teaspoon
- Unsalted butter – 100gms
- Brown sugar – 1 cup
- Black grapes – 1 cup (cut into medium pieces)
- Strawberry – 3-4 (optional)
For chocolate topping
- Cocoa powder – 5 teaspoon
- Fresh cream – 1 cup
- Brown sugar – 1/2 cup
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree Celsius for 10 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl add butter , brown sugar & curd. Mix well till the mixture is smooth.
- In another bowl mix all dry ingredients (Whole wheat flour, all purpose flour, coffee powder & cocoa powder). Divide into 3 parts.
- Add one part of dry ingredients to wet mixture & fold them to form a smooth mixture. Similarly add other two parts of dry ingredients.
- If your batter is too dry, add some milk to it to make it soft. Whisk the batter for 3-4 minutes if using an electric beater or for 7-8 minutes if using hands.
- Add baking powder, baking soda & grapes to it.
- Grease the cake pan with oil or butter & shift the batter.
- Place the pan in a preheated oven and bake the cake at 180 degrees Celsius for 25minutes. Check the cake with toothpick, it should come out clean and dry when inserted in the cake.
- For chocolate sauce topping, mix fresh cream, cocoa powder & sugar in pan. Heat the mixture for 5min till it start boiling. switch off the flame & allow it to cool.
- Using flat spatula, apply chocolate sauce on cake top & sides. Sliced it & enjoy with family.
I hope you like my easy chocolate grape cake recipe. Do tell me how do you like it. Love hearing from you all….
Bhumi signing off….