March 2, 2016 by bhumi
Hi guys!!!! How are you all…
Today I am going to share my Penne pasta recipe in white sauce. Pasta being an Italian cuisine is quite popular in India also specially among children. I can tell you when we first came to know about pasta (12-13 years back) & started experimenting it at home my father has just shows his disinterest that you children always eat this fast food :P. But now whenever I make this delicious recipe at home my father is always the first one who is in for pasta 🙂 .
To me pasta is a real comfortable dish to make at home. After all these years of cooking & experimenting I came to know one secret ingredient that adds life to this recipe. Have you ever noticed that whenever you ordered pasta in cafes & restaurant that first aroma which hit your nose before you start eating & which makes you tempt more…..well that secret ingredient is vinegar which adds that aroma & also add a little tangy flavor to your pasta. White sauce gives a rich creamy taste with a hint of slight sweetness & vinegar does opposite. With combination of both you got that tangy touch to your pasta while keeping its original flavor intact.
Preparation time : 5-6 min
Cooking time : 30min
Serving : 2-3
- Pasta : 2 cups (any pasta of your choice)
- Onion : 1 large sized
- Capsicum : 1 medium sized
- Broccoli : 1 medium sized
- Carrot : 1 medium sized
- Tomato : 1 medium sized
- Olive oil : 1 teaspoon
- Vinegar : 2 teaspoon
- Salt : As per your taste
- White sauce : 2 cups (For recipe click here)
- Water : To boil pasta
Cut the vegetables & kept aside.
- In a deep pan, put water to boil & add a pinch of salt to it. Once it starts boiling add pasta. Boil it for 15 min until it is cooked al-dente (soft but firm). Do not overcook as it will start sticking.
- Drain the water & keep it aside. If after cooling down your pasta is sticky, then run through cold water it will separate out.
- In a non stick pan add one teaspoon of oil & allow it to heat for few seconds. Add onion to it & cook it for 2 mins.
- Add all vegetables & toss. Cook it for 2-3 mins on medium flame.
- Put the flame on high & add vinegar to the vegetables & cover with a lid for 20-30 seconds. This will impart its aroma & tangy flavor to veggies.
- Add boiled pasta, salt & white sauce to it. For white sauce recipe click here. I am not adding any species in this step as it is already there in white sauce. If you want to make your pasta a bit spicy you can add black pepper, chili flakes & oregano to it.
- Cover with a lid for 30 sec & your pasta is ready. Serve hot with roasted garlic bread.
Hope you like my recipe of pasta in white sauce do tell me how do you like it. I would love hearing from you guys. Follow my blog for more upcoming recipes right in your inbox.
Bhumi signing off…