January 12, 2016 by bhumi
Hi guys…its lovely weather outside. A cup of coffee with a healthy breakfast is a perfect way to start a day. Today I am going to share a my mom’s receipe of Vegetable Oats Poha. Oats are considered as one of the healthiest food as per WHO standards.
Tradionally poha are flattened rice flakes. But for those who are extra careful about the calorie intake, Oats poha is a good choice as they are high in dietary fibers & low cholesterol. Gives the feeling of fullness & reduces hunger.
Cooking time : 15-20 min
Preparation time : 10 min
Serve : 2
- Oats instant poha -250gms ( I used Bagrry’s)
- Chopped Onion – 1 medium sized
- Chopped French beans -1/4 cup
- Peas – 1/4 cup
- Chopped tomato – 1/4 cup
- Chopped capsicum – 1/4 cup
- Turmeric ( Haldi) – 1/2 spoon
- Chilli powder ( Mirchi powder) – 1/2 spoon
- Mustard seeds ( Raai ) – 1/2 spoon
- Curry leaves – 4 to 5
- Coriander leaves – for garnishing
- Salt – as per taste
- Olive oil – 1 tea spoon
Soak Oats poha in 1 glass of water for 10 mins. Then drain off the water.
- Take a non stick pan & put the pan on flame. Add one tea spoon of vegetable oil, I used olive oil.
- Add mustard seeds to it wait it to pop. Add curry leaves & stir.
- Add chopped onions, capsicum, beans & peas or any other veggie of your choice. Saute the veggies.
- Now add turmeric powder, chilli powder & mix well.
- Add soaked poha & chopped tomatoes & salt. Mix well.
- Cover with a lid & put the flame on medium for 3-4 min.
- Poha is ready. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.